problem loading midi files with text events

problem loading midi files with text events

Pavel Kasparek
Hello,

on many midi files I get error telling the midi file is corrupted when trying to open it. On console an error like the following can be seen:

ERROR: Text Event too large 113
ERROR: Midi error 5

It seems to happen on midi files containing lyrics.

I have found that there is a hard-coded value of maximum length of midi text events to 100 bytes in MidiTrack.cpp source code file, and I verified that after increasing this value  (I changed it to 1000 bytes) it works fine.

With regards
Pavel Kasparek

Re: problem loading midi files with text events

gamby
I've heard of this error with Roland's V-Drum Tutor Learning-Software. It's great that you were able to fix the error.

Would you be able to (code) get those lyrics to show up on Piano Booster? I've once got my choir to practice their text-syllables with the Rhythm Tap feature. They really needed to see the text.

As mentioned in another post a WAV-to-MIDI converting Microphone would be able to get singers to use Piano Booster. My aim is to get this single program to work for a whole school class.

Cheers

Re: problem loading midi files with text events

romul