Update for Linux Mint

verycd
Thank you for developing this useful software. I have installed the package from Linux Mint repository but it is the last version (0.7.2-1). Is there a way that I can update it to the 1.0.0? The update manager in Linux Mint does not help. I refreshed the update manager many times but it couldn't find any update for Pianobooster. If I have to remove the 0.7.2-1 and install the 1.0.0. from the creater's website, is there a detailed guide for that? I am new to linux. The 0.7.2-1 in Linux Mint repository includes everything needed to run the software while the 1.0.0 is an appimage and seems to need two other parts. Thank you.

Re: Update for Linux Mint

Sal1950
Normally you would contact the developers of Mint and ask them to update the package in their repository.
I'm not familiar with Mint but look into their forums and ask there how to request a package update.

Re: Update for Linux Mint

Louis B.
Hi @verycd, The AppImage should work on Linux Mint but I have not tested it. Please can you post the error messages that you get. Please start the App image from the command line and then post the error messages that you get here.

It is quite normal for distros to be quite a bit behind with app versions. However the advantage with linux is it is easy to compile the code for source, just follow these instructions. https://github.com/pianobooster/PianoBooster/blob/develop/BUILD.md

Please let us know if that worked for you and please don't forget to post here the App image error you are getting.

 L.

Re: Update for Linux Mint

verycd
Thank you, Sal1950 and Louis, for the replies.

In fact, the software can be opened by either clicking the icon of the 0.7.2-1 in the start menu or clicking the AppImage (after making it excutable each time. I will need to learn how to register AppImage to to an application so it becomes permanently runnable ). I assume the AppImage is using the SoundFont that was installed with the 0.7.2-1 package because I didn't install any. If I remove the 0.7.2-1 version, the V1.0 can still be opened - perhaps the SoundFont is still there?

I think I will be using the 0.7.2-1 for now and wait the repository to test and upload the v1.0 for Mint.