Running PianoBooster on MacOs Catalina 10.15.5

Running PianoBooster on MacOs Catalina 10.15.5

DumitruMalinovschii
When trying to launch the application on MacOs Catalina i'm getting the error saying:

Piano booster cannot be started because of a problem

Am i the only one getting this error? Looking forward to your replies

Re: Running PianoBooster on MacOs Catalina 10.15.5

Louis B.
Administrator
I only have an old Mac Book Air that has not been updated to the latest OS. I was hoping that the version I built would work on all newer OSes, but obviously not. There is a version that has been built by the automated build system please try this version https://github.com/pianobooster/PianoBooster/actions/runs/418999254

Please let me know if it works for you and if it does please can you post a screenshot here.

Piano booster will not work on the latest MacOS that has an ARM processor.

If you want to try building it yourself please see these commands.

https://github.com/pianobooster/PianoBooster/blob/develop/BUILD.md
https://github.com/pianobooster/PianoBooster/blob/develop/.github/workflows/build.yml

I am look for volunteers to help test MacOS builds.

Re: Running PianoBooster on MacOs Catalina 10.15.5

Louis B.
Administrator

DumitruMalinovschii Did that link work?  (see: https://github.com/pianobooster/PianoBooster/actions/runs/418999254) If so I'll use it as the official download.

Please let me know. Thanks Louis

Re: Running PianoBooster on MacOs Catalina 10.15.5

adutchuser
Same problem with Catalina ( on Intel ) and link to MacOS artifact pianobooster-1.0.0-macos is 404.

Re: Running PianoBooster on MacOs Catalina 10.15.5

adutchuser
but I suspect that it might be a 32bit vs. 64 bit issue.

High Sierra was last macOS that could run 32Bit
Catalina is only 64bit now

Re: Running PianoBooster on MacOs Catalina 10.15.5

Louis B.
Ok I have just added the `PianoBooster-macos-10.15-1.0.0.dmg` to this page https://github.com/pianobooster/PianoBooster/releases/tag/v1.0.0

Please please can you report back if it works OK for you as for reasons given above I cannot test that version.

Also I am interested to hear how you found out about Piano Booster.

Re: Running PianoBooster on MacOs Catalina 10.15.5

adutchuser
Works great now and SF2 loads too :) on Mac-os Catalina

Played with Pianobooster on an old linux box with  a soundblaster Live II

Linux box is starting to give up the  ghost so  looked for it on this Mac

Re: Running PianoBooster on MacOs Catalina 10.15.5

adutchuser

Re: Running PianoBooster on MacOs Catalina 10.15.5

Louis B.
Ok great. I 'll put that version live at some point.

I have just checked my old macbook air runs el capitan 10.11.6 and the pianobooster that I built on it is actually 64-bit.

The newer version does not run on my macbook air, so do you think I need to provide both versions do you think??

Re: Running PianoBooster on MacOs Catalina 10.15.5

adutchuser
Both version is probably a good idea. allows for use of older machines. :)