ERROR: Midi error 2

pczhang
Dear all,

I am getting "ERROR: Midi error 2" when trying to open the attached midi file from both 0.6.4b and svn version. Midi is generated from lilypond. Can somebody suggest a way to fix that?

Thanks!

Peng

score.midi

Re: ERROR: Midi error 2

Louis B.
Administrator
Ok I'll take a look at it

Louis

On Mon, Jul 30, 2012 at 4:31 AM, pczhang [via Piano Booster]
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I am getting "ERROR: Midi error 2" when trying to open the attached midi
> file from both 0.6.4b and svn version. Midi is generated from lilypond. Can
> somebody suggest a way to fix that?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Peng
>
> score.midi

> NAML

Re: ERROR: Midi error 2

Louis B.
OK fixed it, the result is in svn,

Your midi file had a key signature with seven sharps (see
http://home.roadrunner.com/~jgglatt/tech/midifile.htm)

and I had only allowed for a maximum of 6 sharps or 6 flats.

Louis

On Mon, Jul 30, 2012 at 11:11 PM, Louis B. <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Ok I'll take a look at it
>
> Louis
>
> On Mon, Jul 30, 2012 at 4:31 AM, pczhang [via Piano Booster]
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Dear all,
>>
>> I am getting "ERROR: Midi error 2" when trying to open the attached midi
>> file from both 0.6.4b and svn version. Midi is generated from lilypond. Can
>> somebody suggest a way to fix that?
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Peng
>>
>> score.midi

>> NAML

Re: ERROR: Midi error 2

pczhang
Thanks for the quick fix! Now it is working.

Best,
Peng