v6.4 Flicker

Alan B.
I have installed v6.4 on my pc (running XP).  The accuracy bar flickers and the numeric bar count seems to display the current and previous bar count numbers concurrently atop each other (also flickering) when play is selected, throughout play and at the end of play.  The display is a 19" LCD monitor.  NB: These were not occurring with v6.2 installed on the same computer.  Thoughts?

Re: v6.4 Flicker

Louis B.
Administrator
Yes I have seen this problem, it is caused by an old Intel graphic
display drivers for your hardware I assume that you have  Intel
graphic chips on your PC. Is that right?

There are three possible fixes:

a) turn off the video optimisation in the Piano Booster menu
setup/preferences. But this may make Piano Booster run too slowly with
you hardware.
b) You update to the latest version of the Intel graphic drivers from
the Intel site. That should fix the problem.
c) I change the code to how it used to work on 0.6.2 but this would
make it slower for every body else.

Let me know if a or b works for you if not I will consider option c)

can you post details of the hardware that you are running on.
Please let me know how you get on.

Louis
On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 8:14 PM, Alan B. [via Piano Booster]
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have installed v6.4 on my pc (running XP).  The accuracy bar flickers and
> the numeric bar count seems to display the current and previous bar count
> numbers concurrently atop each other (also flickering) when play is
> selected, throughout play and at the end of play.  The display is a 19" LCD
> monitor.  NB: These were not occurring with v6.2 installed on the same
> computer.  Thoughts?

Re: v6.4 Flicker

Alan B.
Thanks for the suggestions.
Turning off video optimisation did the trick.  No more flicker.
(No problems with speed either, with video optimization off.  So, all good.)
The computer we are using is a Dell Latitude D520 with its video drivers recently updated from the Intel website and its config as follows:

*   Graphics Driver   *

Driver Version: 6.14.10.4814
Operating System: Windows XP* Home Edition, Service Pack 3 (5.1.2600)
Default Language: English
DirectX* Version: 9.0
Physical Memory: 2038 MB
Minimum Graphics Memory: 8 MB
Maximum Graphics Memory: 224 MB
Graphics Memory in Use: 22 MB
Processor: x86 family 6 Model 14 Stepping 8
Processor Speed: 1662 MHZ

*   Monitor   *

Monitor Name: SyncMaster 170N(M)/172N(M)/173N(M) , SyncMaster Magic CX176N(M)
Display Type: Analog
Gamma Value: 2.59
DDC2 Protocol: Supported
Maximum Image Size: Horizontal: 13.0  inches
                        Vertical:   10.0  inches

*   Accelerator Information   *

Accelerator in Use: Mobile Intel(R) 945GM Express Chipset Family
Video BIOS: 1264
Current Graphics Mode: 1280 by 1024 True Color (60 Hz)

*   Devices Connected to the Graphics Accelerator   *

Active Monitors: 1
Non Active Notebook Displays: 1

*   Computer   *

OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Build 2600
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name PIANO
System Manufacturer Dell Inc.
System Model Latitude D520
System Type X86-based PC
Processor x86 Family 6 Model 14 Stepping 8 GenuineIntel ~1662 Mhz
BIOS Version/Date Dell Inc. A00, 3/6/2006
SMBIOS Version 2.4
Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume2
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "5.1.2600.5512 (xpsp.080413-2111)"
User Name PIANO\music
Time Zone Eastern Standard Time
Total Physical Memory 2,048.00 MB
Available Physical Memory 1.50 GB