getting pianobooster

Ronald Lee

  Hi all
          I am trying to access pianobooster,my PC says its installed but no matter what I do I can only get a page headed pianobooster-win-32.0.6.2.zip notepad.which is a page of code for the program,I think, but nowhere can I
 find a means to unzip,any suggestions?

                         Ron(old timer)

Re: getting pianobooster

danboid
Hi Ron!

When you've downloaded pb, you need to find its icon and double-click it. This will start the zip uncompression tool that has been a standard part of windows since XP.

If you're still on Windows 2000 or earlier (would pb even run on a pre 2k box?) then you can download and install 7-zip to uncompress the zip file:

http://www.7-zip.org/

or a direct link to the 7zip installer:

http://downloads.sourceforge.net/sevenzip/7z465.exe

Re: getting pianobooster

Ronald Lee
I am running Vista home prem..PB goes through the download window but dosn't create an icon nor an unzip page,the only sign of PB I can find is thePC code page.
When you've downloaded pb, you need to find its icon and double-click it. This will start the zip uncompression tool that has been a standard part of windows since XP.

If you're still on Windows 2000 or earlier (would pb even run on a pre 2k box?) then you can download and install 7-zip to uncompress the zip file:

http://www.7-zip.org/

or a direct link to the 7zip installer:

http://downloads.sourceforge.net/sevenzip/7z465.exe

This email is a reply to your post @ http://n2.nabble.com/getting-pianobooster-tp2940274p2941038.html

Re: getting pianobooster

Louis B.
Hi Ron,

Try downloading again by clicking on this link:

http://kent.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/pianobooster/pianobooster-win32-0.6.2.zip

Make sure that you have saved the program to file or disk.

If you get stuck run search from the start menu searching for all files and folders for pianobooster and if you see a pianobooster.exe double click on that and if you see a button say "extract all" click on it.

I cannot give you exact instructions as I do not have Vista home prem. but I hope that helps.

Sorry there is no installer so it will not appear on your desktop, you also need these music files

http://www.pianobooster.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/download/CompletePianoPlayerDemoMidiFiles.zip

http://www.pianobooster.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/download/ChestersDemoMidiFiles.zip

Do you have a midi piano that you can connect up to your computer?

Louis

Re: getting pianobooster

Ronald Lee
Hi
   Still no luck ,I know I have the program installed,there's a great scroll of code for it ,its the only thing I can get ,and all attempts takes me back to it.I have midi compat.keyboard,YamahaDGX_225.

                           Thanks
                                 Ron

pianobooster activate?

Ronald Lee
 I have managed to bringPB up and connected to my midi keyboard,how do I use it ,activate it,make do something,it does respond to my midi keyboard keys but thats all.white lines on the staff When I tried to access the music file links I got"not32bit"andwouldn't download,what next?

                                               Ron

Re: pianobooster activate,no sound

Ronald Lee
Well now I have everything but sound,I downloaded from MidiWorld,and the notes move through but no sound,I must study the keyboard manual!

Re: pianobooster activate,no sound

Louis B.
Administrator
Hi Ron,

Do you get sound from the PC speakers when you select from PB the Microsoft GS Wavetable SW Synth as the Midi Setting/midi output device?

Do you see BLUE horizontal lines on the stave when you press notes on the keyboard that correspond to the notes you press on your piano?

Can you list EXACTLY all the options you get on the "Midi Setting/midi output device" and also for the "Midi Setting/midi input device".

Your key board should be compatible with PB as it GM compatible -- but this has never been tried before.  It might take a bit of set up to get the music to come out of your piano speakers.

Are you using a USB cable or a MIDI cable?

The demo MIDI music must be unziped first (as the files ends in .zip). Have you installed 7-zip. please install it from

http://www.7-zip.org/

Then right click on the file using Windows explorer and select "Extract here"

By the way how long have you been learning the piano?

Louis

Re: pianobooster activate,no sound

Ronald Lee
Hi Louis
             Thanks for coming back,I feel rather out of my depth in some of this.starting at top of your e mail!
       As I am set up now ,which shows on the KB panelPC Mode PC2and I get sound from the KB speakers,I Searched for the MS GS thing it dosn't seem to on the PC.I googled ,it looked a bit formidable?
       I get the blue lines.
     where do I find these two "midi settings"?
what is GM,  KB speaker sound OK
I am using cable with USB and KB Midi connections
  I have 7.zip.but haven't seen anything to use it on here
I have been trying to learn piano for over a year,started with books,then a short sesion with a teacher,the Rocket piano and picked up quite abit of theory,then discovered L&MP and got pretty fired up,but then You showed me PB and I really would like to use it.I posted a note asking the maker of PB for any tips for accessing.On top of all that I;ve been using Piano sight reading practice it helps.
I;ve been doing too much "computerating" instead of straight practice.

                                     Hows that lot?

This email is a reply to your post @ http://n2.nabble.com/getting-pianobooster-tp2940274p2949174.html

Re: pianobooster activate,no sound

Ronald Lee
Hi Louis
             Is my face pink or what,I totally missed the fact that you are the producer of PB,sorry about that and thanks for your patience.

                                   Ron(old timer)(In spades)

Re: pianobooster activate,no sound

Louis B.
Administrator
On your piano try setting PC MODE to OFF (by pressing and hold down the demo button?)

On PB go to the "setup" menu then then "MIDI setup" menu to bring up the MIDI Setup dialog window. Please list ALL entries that you see in the "Midi Output Device"  drop down menu in your next post.

Thanks L.

Re: pianobooster activate,no sound

Ronald Lee
Hi Louis,Thanks for sticking with me,this is an example of looking but not seeing.*
In the midi set up window: Midi Output Device.
                                    None
                                    Microsoft GS Waveable Synth*
                                    Yamaha USB Out 0-1.

                                            Ron

Re: pianobooster activate,no sound

Ronald Lee
I read that wrong, with PC Mode on ,with it off ,just the top two drop down

Re: pianobooster activate,no sound

Louis B.
Administrator
Hi Ron,

Any luck? Is it working for you yet?

With the Midi Output Device set to "Yamaha USB Out 0-1",  do you hear the midi music coming out of your Piano speakers?

With the Midi Output Device set to "Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth" the midi music should come out of your computer speaks. Does that configurations work for you?

Louis

Re: pianobooster activate,no sound

Ronald Lee
HI Louis
            Both of those settings work! and the keyboard activates the PC screen notes ,I just have to sort out what is what .Thanks for all your help and the PB.One last thing where can I find the midi record of your L&MP  progress,I've lost track of it,also can I get the piece"Bagatelle" you use in the demo I love it and would like to try learning it.

                                   Thanks again
                                                 Ron

This email is a reply to your post @ http://n2.nabble.com/getting-pianobooster-tp2940274p2961611.html

Re: pianobooster activate,no sound

Louis B.
Administrator
Hi Ron,

I am glad it is working for you now.

I have never been on the L&MP site.

The Beethoven piece can be found by going to the PianoBooster FAQ page. Then read the paragraph "Where are the music files" which directs you to another page which contains "EasyToPlayDemoMidiFiles.zip" in a zip file. (You will have to unzip this file first, one you have downloaded it right click on it and select 7Zip extract all)

L o u i s