changing hand setting during playback crashes 0.6.2

changing hand setting during playback crashes 0.6.2

danboid
Just a heads up seeing as I would seem to have the dubious honour of being the first person to file a pb bug on the sf.net pb bug tracker. You do want us to use the bug tracker instead of this forum to report bugs right LB?

I'm running 0.6.2 which I compiled myself from the release tarball under
Hardy lpia. I've noticed PB tends to freeze or crash if you open a song,
switch to 'Listen' mode, push play and then try switching between Left,
Right and Both hand settings a few times pretty quick.

Not tried this with svn version yet- has this already been fixed?

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2785769&group_id=245663&atid=1126116

Re: changing hand setting during playback crashes 0.6.2

Louis B.
Administrator
Hi Dan,

Just tried this and cannot get it to crash. Can you post a back trace and I will have a look at it. Is it repeatable?

It is fine to post bugs to the tracker.

Louis

Re: changing hand setting during playback crashes 0.6.2

Louis B.
By the way there is a bug:

change line 435 in Conductor.cpp as follows (remove the =)
    if (getLatencyFix() > 0)

This makes it sound better when stopping in follow mode when playing with an accompaniment.

By the way PB has been accepted into fedora release.

 Louis

Re: changing hand setting during playback crashes 0.6.2

danboid
Thankfully Ubuntu/Intel have finally introduced a driver for the gma 500 gfx chipset used in my Mini 10 to the Intrepid repos so I installed intrepid this weekend and I'm happy to report that pb works fine and I can quickly switch the hand setting without making it crash.

Dunno if this was caused by the older 4.3.x QT used in Hardy or the older psb driver or a combination of the two- anyone running pb under Hardy who can test this out?