Yamaha EZ Series EZ220-MM or EZ-200?

Perdignus
Hello,

I'd like to order a keyboard for my children and I to use with Piano Booster.  I see that the EZ-200 is listed as compatible but is there any reason I couldn't use the slightly newer model of that keyboard (EZ-220-MM) instead?  It seems to have USB to Host (midi?).  Anyone successfully using the 220 with Piano Booster?

Many thanks,
Patrick.

Re: Yamaha EZ Series EZ220-MM or EZ-200?

Mossy
Any MIDI keyboard will work.

In my opinion though, something with weighted keys that feel like a real thing makes a huge difference.  If it feels like a toy, you treat it like a toy and just mess around.  We've had a keyboard synth at our house for years sitting around mostly unused.  My kids started piano lessons this summer so we picked up a digital keyboard (Casio Privia PX-150) and I practice on it all the time now (both following my kids lessons and using Piano Booster).

Something with GM sound banks would be optimal but if your computer is fast enough, you can get by with software sound synthesis.