Two questions - UI and setting up MIDI parts

Two questions - UI and setting up MIDI parts

mjjones0
My two questions are this:

(1) Can I change the UI so it more accurately looks like sheet music? I think if it were black and white it might speed along the sight-read skill development.

(2) Can I set more than one part to the right and left hand in the MIDI? It seems like you'd definitely want to be able to do this to play any MIDIs... I have many MIDIs that have the melody split into like 4 or 5 different parts...

Re: Two questions - UI and setting up MIDI parts

jackth
This post was updated on .
I'd suggest to check this branch out:

https://github.com/nam-van-nguyen/PianoBooster/tree/imagebackground

It will allow you to change many of the UI elements

Re: Two questions - UI and setting up MIDI parts

Magnus_Johansson
Why is there an image of a plant in the music?

Re: Two questions - UI and setting up MIDI parts

jackth
Hi  Magnus_Johansson,

That's a good question.  It's down to a personal taste I suppose.  You can configure it the way you like it.  Including any background image (or none at all), and also any color combination of your choice.

It is already included out of the box several themes without any background images.  In the  preference, there is a dialog for changing colors for each theme (and preview them using Apply button).

You can also configure a many of them as you like and switching between them as you wish.

Re: Two questions - UI and setting up MIDI parts

Magnus_Johansson
Hello, jackth,

and thanks for your answer. Those seem like nice features. Are you maintaining a fork of a fork of Piano Booster? Would you consider incorporating my revision of the Swedish strings I submitted to the original Piano Booster via Weblate?

Re: Two questions - UI and setting up MIDI parts

jackth
Sure, you can send a merge request.

Re: Two questions - UI and setting up MIDI parts

Magnus_Johansson
How do I send one?

Re: Two questions - UI and setting up MIDI parts

jackth
In github, there is a Pull requests tab where you can create a new request.

Re: Two questions - UI and setting up MIDI parts

Magnus_Johansson
I clicked the button "New pull request" at https://github.com/antartica/PianoBooster/pulls but I was then met with "There isn't anything to compare". I don't know how to proceed.

I would suggest to post in the developer forum as new thread so we don't hi-jack this thread.  Sorry to OP.

Yes, that is a good suggestion. I have the following post there that we can continue on: http://piano-booster.139.s1.nabble.com/Updated-the-Swedish-language-file-td7573043.html