Support for beginners casio keyboard

pravind
Hi All,
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this question but I'm not where else to do it.
I'm in the process of purchasing a beginners keyboard, casio ctk 2300(seems to fit into my budget). I'm on ubuntu. They don't seem to have drivers for ubuntu. I wanted to know if the piano booster will work with ctk2300 ? If not what are my options ?

Re: Support for beginners casio keyboard

m.tarenskeen

On Sun, 26 Oct 2014, pravind [via Piano Booster] wrote:

> Hi All, I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this question but I'm not where else to do it. I'm in the process of purchasing a
> beginners keyboard, casio ctk 2300(seems to fit into my budget). I'm on ubuntu. They don't seem to have drivers for ubuntu. I wanted to know if
> the piano booster will work with ctk2300 ? If not what are my options ?

I took a quick look at the Casio specs. It has both MIDI ports and a USB
port.
I am not sure if the USB port has MIDI functionality also.

If that's the case the Casio should automatically show up in Pianobooster'
s Setup->Midi Setup menu if it is connected via USB. There you should
be able to select the correct ports. That would be the
easiest solution.

Otherwise you might need a USB-MIDI interface cable. I can recommend the
Edirol UM-1X, or similar. In that case you connect the Casio to your
using Casio MIDI In/Out ports and the interface.

A special driver for the Casio should not be neccessary. Class
compliant USB and MIDI support are built in the Linux kernel.

Hope that helps.

--

MT