Playing via line-in? (conversion pitch-to-MIDI)

Playing via line-in? (conversion pitch-to-MIDI)

Ferk
Would it be possible to plug an electric guitar to the line-in to play the game?

There are many guitar tuner computer programs that can read from line-in to detect whats the note that is being played. Would it be possible to do this with this program?

I understand that this might be hard to do, and perhaps there will be a bit of delay in old computers... but I think that it would be great because this way any instrument could be used, and to have a midi compatible device won't be a requirement.

Thank you so much for this program. I've been searching for something this for ages.

Re: Playing via line-in? (conversion pitch-to-MIDI)

Ferk
I've made some research and I've found a great program that may do the trick. It's called Rakarrack.

It has many effects for the guitar, and it includes a pitch-to-midi converter. Although it is monophonic (it will convert only single notes) but I think it can send the midi to Port-0 to be used in Pianobooster, I still was not able to test it, though.

http://rakarrack.sourceforge.net/