PianoBooster version 0.6.4rc and qmake

CarlM
Hi Louis,

I built pb with: cd src / qmake / make / make install.
After the following changes in the install section of the pianobooster.pro the make install works fine.

When I compared the final binaries of cmake and qmake I determined file size (after strip command) differences.

cmake: 629764 (519812) bytes
qmake: 432238 (364180) bytes

I will test the 2 binaries later with my midi interface and keyboard.

# install

unix {

   isEmpty( PREFIX ) { PREFIX = /usr/local }

   target.path = $$PREFIX/bin

   desktop.path = $$PREFIX/share/applications
   desktop.files = pianobooster.desktop

   pixmaps.path = $$PREFIX/share/pixmaps
   pixmaps.files = images/pianobooster.png

   INSTALLS += target desktop pixmaps
}

Carl

Re: PianoBooster version 0.6.4rc and qmake

Louis B.
Administrator
Thanks for that committed the code. I cannot explain the differences.

L.

Re: PianoBooster version 0.6.4rc and qmake

Louis B.
Administrator
do you know how change the install so that double clicking on a .midi file starts PB?

L.

Re: PianoBooster version 0.6.4rc and qmake

CarlM
Do you mean double clicking in nautilus?

Carl

Re: PianoBooster version 0.6.4rc and qmake

Louis B.
Administrator
Yes, double clicking in nautilus.

CarlM

Re: PianoBooster version 0.6.4rc and qmake

CarlM
Ok here is what i did:

I added the line

MimeType=audio/midi;

to pianobooster.desktop and a 'sudo update-desktop-database'.

Now, when I right click a .mid/.midi file 'Piano Booster' is included in 'open with'.

Carl

Re: PianoBooster version 0.6.4rc and qmake

Louis B.
Administrator
Thanks that works, do you know how to get the icon on the nautilus openwith menu?

just makeing a few last minute changes.

L.

Re: PianoBooster version 0.6.4rc and qmake

CarlM
Sorry have been away for some days.
I did nothing more. When I do a 'open with' in nautilus the file pianobooster.png located in the directory /usr/local/share/pixmaps is displayed as icon.

Carl