PianoBooster 0.6.4b not starting up on Ubuntu 10.04

PianoBooster 0.6.4b not starting up on Ubuntu 10.04

gururise
Hi,
I downloaded the 0.6.4b ubuntu packages and upon startup, the Pianobooster program begins to load the window; however, none of the Qt widgets become visible before the program freezes and I cannot do anything.

I've tried downloading the 0.6.4b sources and compiling them, and I get the same exact behavior.

I tried running an strace on it, and here is the output:
http://pastebin.com/U63PRSAP

Here is a screenshot of what it looks like after it freezes during startup:

Can anyone help? I used to run the old 0.6.2 version fine on Ubuntu 9.10

Thanks

Re: PianoBooster 0.6.4b not starting up on Ubuntu 10.04

gururise
I forgot to mention in my original post, that I am running 64-bit Ubuntu 10.04

I also tried compiling from the SVN repository (trunk) latest as of 09-13-10, which seemed to have some fixes for 64-bit systems; however, I get the same exact behavior (ie. Freeze on startup).

Re: PianoBooster 0.6.4b not starting up on Ubuntu 10.04

Louis B.
Administrator
You have just answered my two questions I was about to ask. (svn and 64-bit).

I have just finished installing 64 Ubuntu 10.10 beta on my main machine. So I'll try it tomorrow.

in the mean time, try running pianobooster -d -d -d and the post the results here.

Louis

Re: PianoBooster 0.6.4b not starting up on Ubuntu 10.04

Louis B.
Administrator
OK i tried this on Ubuntu 10.10 beta 64bit using svn code and it worked ok for me. So I cannot reproduce your issue.

perhaps you could try loading "pianobooster.pro" in QT Creator comment out the line "CONFIG += release" (by putting a# at the front of the line) in "pianobooster.pro" and then build and run a debug version. then stop the program when it locks up and and post a stack trace here.

 I have computer issues now so i am back on the laptop.

I haven't looked at your strace yet. That may give me a clue.

Louis

Re: PianoBooster 0.6.4b not starting up on Ubuntu 10.04

Louis B.
Administrator
looks like the strace wont help.

Try deleting .config/PianoBooster/Piano Booster.ini