No midi input

Bill B
Still looking for help.Pianobooster worked ok with Ub 10.04 with this computer and the same keyboard, so I know it's in there somewhere.I have since upgraded to Ub 10.10.
Have now got sound when I set midi output to timidity 0 or 1., fluidsynth is not an option.
When I plug in my midi keyboard via USB connector, the only options in midi input/output is "TaHorng Musical Instrument:0".
when this is selected there is no reaction from pianobooster, no sound and the cursor doesn't move.
Anyone got any ideas.
Bill B

Re: No midi input

Louis B.
Administrator
Sorry I have got computer problems which I still have not yet sorted out, so sorry for the slow reply.

can you check that other midi programs can read your midi keyboard. try kmidimon? I am not sure what this is you should see horizontal lines every time you press a note on your keyboard if your midi keyboard is sending data.

you could try comping from the svn source see

http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/pianobooster/index.php?title=Frequently_Asked_Questions#How_do_I_get_the_very_latest_code_from_subversion

Louis