Listen to what you play

Guillaume
Hello,

I understand Pianobooster was develloped to work with a Midi peripheral attached.
However, there are some apps out there, e.g. Simply Piano for Android, which simply listen to what you play on a classical piano.
What do you think, is it completely sick to even dare thinking about something like that in simply piano or do you mean the MIDI interface could be replaced by a sound input sink ?
I was just wondering at this point and guess that this is a quite common thinking... I did not found it in the forum !
I have seen that there are virtual midi interfaces... Somebody knows of something like that ?

Gui

Re: Listen to what you play

Louis B.
Administrator
Hello Gui,

I am very sorry you are not the first to suggest this. it would be technically very difficult to achieve . There are some audio to midi tools but they don't work in real time there is a significant delay between analysing the sound generating the midi output. And you ALWAYS have to wear headphones since an sound from a speaker would also be added as the audio sound that was being analysed . The is not something that I plan to do. It would much simpler for you buy or borrow a midi keyboard. They key thing is a P.B. it stops the midi accompaniment music just at a right point. and so it follows your playing.

Louis

On Fri, Jan 31, 2020 at 9:20 PM Guillaume [via Piano Booster] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

I understand Pianobooster was develloped to work with a Midi peripheral attached.
However, there are some apps out there, e.g. Simply Piano for Android, which simply listen to what you play on a classical piano.
What do you think, is it completely sick to even dare thinking about something like that in simply piano or do you mean the MIDI interface could be replaced by a sound input sink ?
I was just wondering at this point and guess that this is a quite common thinking... I did not found it in the forum !
I have seen that there are virtual midi interfaces... Somebody knows of something like that ?

Gui

http://piano-booster.2625608.n2.nabble.com/Listen-to-what-you-play-tp7572791.html
To start a new topic under Piano Booster Development, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Piano Booster Development, click here.
NAML