Is this project alive?

kotech
Hi,

I found this project by accident and while I was searching for an open source piano related training software.
Can someone confirm if this project is alive or not especially from development point of view?

Thanks,
Chris

Re: Is this project alive?

robert1968

Silence because Piano booster works fine. No further task. :)

2011.12.30. 14:34, "kotech [via Piano Booster]" <[hidden email]> ezt írta:
Hi,

I found this project by accident and while I was searching for an open source piano related training software.
Can someone confirm if this project is alive or not especially from development point of view?

Thanks,
Chris

http://piano-booster.2625608.n2.nabble.com/Is-this-project-alive-tp7138129p7138129.html
To start a new topic under Piano Booster Development, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Piano Booster Development, click here.
NAML

Re: Is this project alive?

kotech
Well, that sounds like a no to me.
So if I want to contribute ie.: add features or bugfix
Can someone give me commit rights or am I better of forking the project?

Re: Is this project alive?

Louis B.
Administrator
Hi Guys,

Sorry, I have been taking a _very_ long break from this project as I was previously spending far too much time on this project. Also I have been spending less time playing the piano and more time playing the flute which is my main instrument. But this project is is certainly not forgotten.

I would love some help with this project and am happy to give to admin rights to svn eventually, but I would to prefer to first review one or two patches by email before giving granting svn admin rights.

Also I have received a patch by email for PianoBooster, Debian and Spanish Translation which I will add to svn shortly.

Louis

Re: Is this project alive?

kotech
Fair enough.

I've added a bug report here:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3467548&group_id=245663&atid=1126116
And a patch that fixes the bug here:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3467550&group_id=245663&atid=1126117
Tested it on Win7 using Midi Keyboard -> GNX3000 -> PC.

Chris

Re: Is this project alive?

kotech
For people who only have Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth
I'd strongly recommend using the very low latency bass midi drivers.
Description of the driver:
http://bassmididrv.mudlord.info/

Download link:
http://www.mudlord.info/crap/audio/bassmididrv2.02.exe

A very good sound font that can be used with the driver:
http://www.un4seen.com/download.php?extra/WeedsGM3

This could also go the wiki.

Chris

Re: Is this project alive?

Louis B.
Added your patch to svn

Please post if you want to make any other changes and i'll add you to svn.

L.

Re: Is this project alive?

kotech
Excellent, thank you.