I just can't get sound

macguyver2000
Well, I am running Linux Mint (64) and the PB program will work, except for the sound.
I did try to run Fluidsynth, getting a midi output option, though with all my playing around, I could not get any sound output.
I am excited that program runs well just without the sound, which is the sad missing part.    I don't know how to properly use Fluidsynth or Timidity.   I did try to make a read on them, but I can't get any sound output.

I do inquire to get some help and to make this work.   Without the sound, its missing the most critical part.

I did try to read all i could to learn other people problems that may relate.  Sadly, I found i still cannot solve this problem.

I am happy to share any information I have in hopes for the guidance that gets it running.

Knowing how to install Fluidsynth or Timidity might be a huge step.
Perhaps there are some other problems I am not aware of?

Re: I just can't get sound

romul

Re: I just can't get sound

macguyver2000
I see it is a file that can run.  What will it do for it?    I will like to give it a try of course.

Re: I just can't get sound

romul
This post was updated on .
Install timidity and run this script.
or
install fluidsynth, fluid-soundfont-gm, fluid-soundfont-gs and run pianobooster-fluidsynth script https://github.com/captnfab/PianoBooster/tree/master/tools/fluidsynth .

Go to MIDI setting of pianobooster to configure output device.

Re: I just can't get sound

Louis B.
Administrator
Did you have any luck getting it to work? If you are compiling from source please can you try this version.

The latest code for now can be downloaded using  this link https://github.com/captnfab/PianoBooster/archive/develop.zip

To get fluidsynth to work just type the following on the command line

    fluidsynth -g 1.0 -a alsa -o midi.alsa_seq.id=fs2 /usr/share/sounds/sf2/FluidR3_GM.sf2

or for timidiy just type this on the command line.

    timidity -iA -B2,8 -Os -EFreverb=0

Once you have done once of those then just go into PB in the MIDI setup and the fluidsynth or timidity device should show up,