Help !!! Computer restarts when I try to start Piano Booster

Help !!! Computer restarts when I try to start Piano Booster

springhornet
Hi, Can someone plz help me.  When I activate Piano Booster, my screen goes blank and my computer restarts.  I and using XP service pack 3 and my computer is at least 7 years old.  I have a Duron board and an on board sound card.  Maybe its to do with a graphics card I don't know.  I did open the video settings in the folder for Piano Booster and next to 'device' it says: S3 Graphics ProSavageDDR @ (0. 0)
And the mode is set to 800x600 @ 60Hz

Please help

David from London uk

Re: Help !!! Computer restarts when I try to start Piano Booster

Louis B.
Administrator
Sorry for the very slow reply.

I suspect the problem is that you don't have a hardware 3d graphics card. PB requires the use of an OpenGl graphics card. I tested that it a message is displayed when you try to run PB on a system without a 3d card. So I don't know why it is crashing out on your PC.

I have tried to make sure that PB works OK on Low spec PC. fitting a 3d card may fix the problem.

L.

Re: Help !!! Computer restarts when I try to start Piano Booster

springhornet
Hi Louis B, Thanks for getting back to me.  You said Piano booster requires the use of an OpenGl graphics card.  I've phoned computer shops to look for one but they say they've never heard of an OpenGI. Where can I get one?  Will it fit in a PCI slot?  Or are there any other types of 3d graphics card that PB will work with?

Re: Help !!! Computer restarts when I try to start Piano Booster

Louis B.
Administrator
All graphics that cards can draw in 3d also do openGL. it is only very old PC that only have 2d graphics  card (these graphics chips are often on the mother board)

google for "ebay nvidia 3d pci"

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/nVIDIA-GeForce-MX400-64-MB-PCI-2D-3D-Video-Graphic-Card-/290501103370

If you get a nvidia card you must also download the driver form the website.

Louis

Re: Help !!! Computer restarts when I try to start Piano Booster

springhornet
Hi Louis, thanks for the link.  Do you know if the 64bit graphics card in that link will work on my 32 bit machine?  I'm useing XP on an AMD duron board.