Chords

johnny5
Hi, thank you for an awesome program! I wish I would have held on to all those mid files from the 90's now.

Anyhow, I am trying to learn the piano (like everyone on here), but am having trouble learning chords. Is there anyway that could be taught through the program?

I am able to do most of the fingerings for most notes, but I have yet to get the coordination to do chords.

Thanks again for this project.

Re: Chords

Louis B.
Administrator
Yes that is a good idea to teach chords. To add this feature I think the best way is to just create some midi music that teach chords.

I think the best way to learn this is to play a cord of C major made up of just three notes C E G (these three notes are called a chord triad) then  play a chord of F major (that has the note F A C) followed by G major (which has the notes G B D). These three chords (C followed by F and then by the G chord) is called the three chord trick. see this page for more info https://www.harmony.org.uk/book/pop_and_rock_music_three_chord_trick.htm.

Is this the type of thing that you would like to learn and practice? if so I'll knock up some  midi files that work with PianoBooster that teach these technique and gradually gets more advanced.

Louis

Re: Chords

johnny5
Hi Louis i have been teaching keyboard via your program and a similar one on android piano note trainer to some syrian refugees here in Turkey. I myself am not so skilled but can play notes in our local church. So many of the songs only have chord charts.

Re: Chords

johnny5
If it was somehow able to be made into a few mid files or something that could be taught that would make things easier. I will check out your link now.

Thanks again!