A rough guide to transferring score from book to PianoBooster

ozy

A rough guide to transferring score from book to PianoBooster

ozy
Hello,

I stumbled across PianoBooster the other day and decided to try and convert the various beginner scores from a piano book into PianoBooster for practice. It wasn't as straightforward as I thought so here I present a rough guide on how I achieved it, if anyone knows of a simpler/easier way to do this then feel free to add the info as a reply to this post.

You will need to download the following free software:

PianoBooster
TS Midi Editor (http://www.tucows.com/preview/379210)
MuseScore (http://www.musescore.org/)

First, you will need to transfer the score from paper to Musescore. It's failry straightforward to use, just remember to press N to toggle note imput mode. Once the score is created, save the file out as a standard MIDI file (.mid). By default, Musescore dumps all midi data into channel 1, which is not read by PianoBooster.

To transfer the MIDI data to channel 3, load the MIDI file in TS midi editor then press CTRL+A to select all notes. A default note attributes window will appear. Make sure Chnl is set to 3, then click OK. Finally, click File > Export to Midi and overwrite the existing MIDI file.

That's it. The midi file should now play correctly in PianoBooster.

Hopefully this guide will prove useful to someone!

ozy

Re: A rough guide to transferring score from book to PianoBooster

romul
Nice!